I’m going for a job as a medical sales rep. I have a resume now, not sure how it looks, I would love an outside opinion. Thanks for your consideration!
408 Washington Street
To obtain a professional sales position, leading to management in the pharmaceutical and medical device sales industry, where my administrative experience, communication skills, and initiative can be utilized to increase sales and improve customer relations.
Towson University, 9/2001 – 5/2003
B.S. Sociology/Anthropology, Criminal Justice Concentration
Anne Arundel Community College, 9/1999 – 5/2001
A.A. General Studies Transfer
Member of Phi Theta Kapa Honor Society
Gee Cosper & Associates 2007 – present
Assistant to the President
• Performing a variety of detailed office administrative tasks, including developing daily office procedures
• Compose technical correspondence, including writing a variety of reports and materials from notes, research and source material in files
• Maintaining a complex filing system, including confidential material
• Preparing agenda and other materials, distributing as necessary
• Maintaining of records on office activities pertaining to personnel, purchasing, travel expenses and related activities
• Development and maintenance of our company website
Pusser’s Caribbean Company Store and Grille 2004 – present
Retail Sales Associate
• Operating a computerized point of sale cash register and inventory management system; including the accurate entering of sales information, receiving payment for products, processing credit card transactions, refunds, exchanges and voids
• Reconciling daily sales, prepare deposits, and produce end of day reports for management
• Actively engaging customers in conversation and assisting in the understanding, demonstration, description and selection of merchandise
• Escorting guests to tables, cocktail preparation, wine service and sales
• Explaining the menu and special orders items to guests and cooks
• Providing a high level of quality customer service to patrons
• Training of new employees in customer service standards and procedures and use of computer systems.
Anne Arundel Community College, Academic Advising 1999 – 2001
Student Worker, front desk
• Answered telephones and gave information to callers, and transfer calls to appropriate individuals
• Scheduled appointments for students with certain advisors after determining their particular educational needs
• Greeted all visitors and callers, handling their inquiries, and directing them to the appropriate individuals according to their needs
• Operated office equipment such as fax machines, copiers and phone systems and used computers for word processing, spreadsheet and other applications
Jerome H. Markoff, Esq. 1999 – 2002
• Contacted clients on a daily basis, updating outstanding balances and court pleadings.
• Filed documents with courts and assisted in trial preparation
• Collected data and reviewed research materials, determined accuracy and validity of sources and appropriateness for use
• Typed and prepared reports or other written materials from source documents and transcription
• Received calls and greeted visitors, recorded and relayed messages, responded to requests for information
Anne Arundel County State’s Attorney’s Office, Summer 1999
• Assisted the criminal investigative unit by preparing and analyzing evidence for trial.
• Located and attached appropriate files to incoming correspondence
• Prepared and processed documents; reviewed for accuracy and completeness
• Maintained files and record keeping systems
References available upon request.
pretty good.I review apps/res etc weekly,Yours has just enough info that would make me read it,so many people put so much,I don’t even read them…..
1-phone nbrs…..home…..include a cell….
also never let a call from a prospective employer go to voice mail…
2-add your email address,many people,me included,paste resumes into files and respond to potential employee via email….
3-personalize your first sentence to the specific company and specific position….find out what that company calls that position…..it will make you feel like you are one of them;;;;