CACAO TEA…The Caribbean’s ORGANIC HOT CHOCOLATE …
Made by roasting cacao beans, grounding them into a powder, and then hand rolling them. My hubby added nutmeg, cinnamon, bay leaf and rosemary leaves, coconut milk, almond milk and a little brown sugar to sweeten. What you may not know is that traditional HOT CHOCOLATE and most DARK CHOCOLATE found in the grocery stores today is so highly processed that it loses most of its nutrient and antioxidant strength and really provides you with nothing more than excess sugar and fat. There is a big difference between cacao and traditional cocoa.
RAW CACAO HAS MORE THAN 300 MINERALS…
More than 300 minerals and properties have been identified in raw organic chocolate. Cacao contains copper, manganese, zinc, sulphur, and is rich in B -vitamins that includes niacin.
“Cornell University discovered that Cocoa has twice the antioxidants of red wine, and up to three times those found in green tea.”
Health benefits of raw organic chocolate include:
• Lower blood pressure
• Increases energy, alertness, creativity, and improves mood.
• Containing very little caffeine, raw organic chocolate is a major source of magnesium which helps your heart.
• Rich in Flavonoids which has a cancer-fighting antioxidant result
• Promotes healthy blood flow thereby reducing the risk of strokes, blood clots, and heart attacks
• Rich in Antioxidants thereby decreasing damaging free radicals
• Increased Longevity: Researchers from the Harvard School of Public Health found that those who eat chocolate up to three times each month live almost a year longer than those who overindulge or eat junk food.
• Cocoa is reported to help brain function. The magnesium is essential for maintaining brain function. Raw chocolate is also composed of brain functioning elements such as tryptophan and anandamide
• Recently, the Theobromine in cocoa has been noted as calming the coughing reflex thereby helping to stop coughing.
• Can reduce cholesterol by 5-10 percent
• Decreases menopause and PMS symptoms
• Helps control appetite and supports weight loss
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN BUYING RAW CHOCOLATE:
Look out for labels that read “raw” chocolate or cacao. Raw beans are not roasted, and are only fermented and dried, conserving their super food composition.
Cacao beans can be found at most health food markets including Whole Foods, and online at Amazon