Due to the economic downturn that we are experiencing now not only in the United States, but around the world, people are looking for ways to save money. Many people are bartering…looking on Google every single day for the best bartering websites. If you are one of those people looking for bartering websites, take a look at the article below from Online College regarding 50 of the best bartering websites.
If you think you can’t afford to get nice things, think again. Through the magic of bartering, you can offer your services or even old stuff you don’t want anymore, and in return, get items and services that you do want. In most cases, money never even exchanges hands, and you can get the things you want without ever spending a dime — a perfect idea for frugal students. Read on, and we’ll highlight 50 different bartering sites that frugal students can put to work for just about any trade you can imagine.
Plenty of specialty bartering sites exist, but some of the best allow you to trade anything and everything, from cars to games and clothing. Check out these to give and get just about anything.
- Freecycle Freecycle allows you to donate items, as well as get stuff for free in your town.
- Tradeaway Create ads and make offers to swap with others based on actual values for items.
- Swap@Home Post items you don’t want anymore, get coupons in return, and use the coupons to get items from other members on Swap@Home.
- SwapAce Swap anything, for anything, with both bartering, free, and money-only trades available on SwapAce.
- U-Exchange Using U-Exchange, you can “trade anything, pay nothing” in just about any type of trade, including services, home exchanges, and even vehicles.
- Rehash Trade your clothing, accessories, books, and more on Rehash, where you can join groups, socialize, and perhaps best of all, get new stuff!
- Craigslist An incredibly popular site for everything from hookups to free baby food, Craigslist also has a very active bartering section where you can trade just about anything for no money at all.
- Stuff Pal Lend, borrow, and swap stuff with people you already know through Facebook using Stuff Pal.
- Barter Bucks Banc Traders in the UK can barter any product or service on this online bank.
- ReUseIt Network Become a part of the ReUseIt Network to find ways to make use of items that would otherwise be discarded.
- iOfferi Offer’s want ads offers a great place to buy, sell, and trade clothing, movies, jewelry, and more.
- Swap-Online Swap-Online is a great venue to do a swap meet online, trading items for other things people are looking for.
- BarterQuest Trade goods, services, and real estate on this site that allows you to post and trade absolutely free. Trades include dental work, vintage clothes, services, and more.
- TradeAttic Dig out some stuff from your attic and use the TradeAttic to buy, list, and trade just about anything for free.
- Trashbank Trashbank encourages users, “don’t trash it, bank it!” on a site where you can barter, swap, trade, buy, and sell online for free.
- Junk For You Junk For You believes that one person’s junk is another person’s treasure, and offers a great way to clear out spaces of junk in return for something you can put to use.
- SwapDen The SwapDen is a 100% free online swap meet where you can even create your own personal wish list to get notified when the items you want are available for swapping.
- SwapTreasures Give and get stuff for free with no fees, and no hassle on this bartering platform that rewards you with points.
- Zaarly It’s not exactly a swap site, but Zaarly makes it possible for you to name your price for anything and buy it from your neighbors.
- WhiteWilly In the spirit of white elephant trades, White Willy allows you to list items and make offers on other peoples’ items, getting a fair trade every time.
- Listia Get rid of old stuff, and get new stuff for free through Listia, a popular site with more than 2 million trades in their marketplace.
- Trade Stuff On this simple trading site, you can trade your stuff for other people’s stuff, including video games, antiques, and even boats.
- Zilok You can rent anything online from businesses and individuals, making it easy to use expensive items just for a short amount of time without spending a fortune.
- NeighborGoods NeighborGoods allows you to share stuff with your neighbors, like a neighbor who needs to borrow a ladder. You can save money by not having to buy items you only need temporarily, and make friends with your neighbors at the same time.
Books, CDs, movies, video games, and more are on the table at these trading websites.
- TitleTrader This site offers a great place to swap your stuff, including used books, DVDs, and CDs.
- Swap a CD Trade used CDs, albums, and more on this exchange site that offers a music club and CD exchange.
- BookMooch Give books away, and get the books you want through the BookMooch site.
- Bookins You can easily swap books with other readers on this site that’s lauded for its simplicity, and “more available books than the largest Barnes & Noble.”
- Swap.com On Swap.com, you can list books, CDs, movies, video games, and more that you want to trade, and you’ll get credit to buy other items in return.
- Swap a DVD Join this movie club to swap, trade, and exchange DVDs for free, listing your used movies and choosing from thousands of available DVDs.
- Swap Simple Exchange used textbooks, DVDs, video games, and other hot items on Swap Simple, and put together a wishlist for items you’d like to see available for swapping.
- GameTZ Game Trading Zone is a community of traders where you can exchange things for other things, especially video games. Even better, this site has been around for more than 10 years with plenty of experienced traders.
- Paperback Swap Swap paperbacks and more with this free online book swap site, just by listing books you’d like to swap, sending them out, and choosing from millions of available books.
- Goozex On Goozex, you can play games, trade games and movies, and save money while playing video games.
Need to clean out your closet and refresh your wardrobe? Get them both done at the same time by swapping clothes on these sites.
- Clothing Swap Declutter, find a Clothing Swap event through the website, and have fun while you get pampered as you find awesome new clothes and get rid of your old ones.
- Dig N’ Swap Swap fashionable clothes by sharing pictures of clothes you don’t want or need anymore, and dig for stuff you really do want on Dig N’ Swap.
- Swapstyle Shop for clothes and accessories guilt-free on Swapstyle, the world’s original and No. 1 fashion swap site.
So there you have it, 37 of the 50 best bartering websites on the net today. To see the rest of the article, and to see the other 13 websites click here. I hope this article from Online College regarding the best bartering websites on the Internet was helpful to you.