Are You New To This Site? Click The Arrow Below To Play The Video
Click on the video below to uncover the dirty stinking gluten-free lie!
1 package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 cup coconut milk
3 tablespoons 100% Madhava Organic Light Agave
(for yeast mixture)
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup or butter or Artisana Organic Raw Coconut Butter
3 1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Organic Spelt Flour
3 large eggs lightly beaten or 1/2 cup flaxseed gel (To make gel you can use Now Foods Certified Organic Golden Flax Seeds )
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/2 cup chopped dried apricot
1/2 cup chopped dried mango
1/2 cup dates or raisins, or nuts (optional)
1/4 cup of brown sugar for topping
1/4 cup of cinnamon powder for topping
1. Sprinkle yeast over warm water in a large bowl. Stir briefly. Let stand until foamy (about 5 minutes).
Meanwhile, heat coconut milk, agave, salt, and butter to 110 degrees farenheit in a small pan over low heat (butter need not melt completely). Stir this into the yeast mixture. Add 1 1/2 cups of the flour; stir until evenly moistened. Reserve 1 tablespoon of the flaxseed gel for basting bread.
Add remaining gel, and lemon juice. Beat with a hand mixer or use the Kitchenaid stand mixer using the paddle attachment on low speed until blended.
2. Beat in 1 1/2 cups more Spelt flour. Then add coconut flour and then the green banana flour on low speed until completely combined.
To Knead By Hand, turn dough out onto floured board and knead until smooth and no longer sticky (about 10 minutes), adding more flour as needed to prevent sticking. Place in a greased bowl, turn over to grease top.
To knead with Kitchenaid, beat in 1/4 cup more flour on low speed. Then beat on medium speed until dough is no longer sticky and pulls cleanly from the sides of bowl (about 5 minutes), adding more flour one tablespoon at a time if the dough is sticky.
3. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until almost doubled (about 1 hour to 1 1/2 hours).
4. Knead briefly on a lightly floured board to release air. Roll and stretch into a log about 16 inches long. With a floured rolling pin, roll into a thin strip about 5 inches wide and 36 inches long, occasionally lifting dough and dusting board with flour to prevent sticking.
5. Sprinkle apricots, mango, raisins, etc down center of the strip. Brush long edges with water. Bring dough over filling, pinching edges together to seal. Transfer to a large greased baking pan or sheet. To create base, coil one end of dough into a 7-inch circle, facing the seam inside. Coil remaining dough around base, gradually making loaf narrower and higher, forming a slouchy turban shape. Cover lightly and let rise in a warm place until puffy (about 20-30 minutes).
6. Brush with reserved 1 tablespoon flaxseed gel. Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon. Bake in a 325 degree oven until bread is golden brown and a skewer inserted in center of thickest part comes out clean (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 hours). If the crust browns too quickly, cover loosely with foil. Transfer to a rack and let cool. Makes 1 loaf (about 12 servings)